An article by: Caryn Parker, Travel Expert at Travelcheck South Africa
This post is particularly for the ladies, but gents fear not, feel free to have a read too.
Yes girls.. the thought of jetting off to Mauritius, Zanzibar, Thailand, Bali and the likes will definitely have us shrieking with excitement, and yes I know almost immediately we will have thoughts of all the fantastic things we are going to do: excursions, beach missions, dinner dates, checking out the nightlife and the list goes on and I get it, it is very important to look great for those photo opportunities, especially for the oh so important Instagram shots! True? True!
..and I’m pretty certain we have all been there, packing more than our good ol’ faithful suitcase can hold. The funny thing is, most of the time we don’t even end up wearing most of what we’ve packed! True? True! So here’s a little guide I’ve put together on the essentials you should be taking along with you on your magical trip:
- Sunscreen, your new best friend.
- A beach coverup or sarong, it’s easy for you to get up and go, perfect for lazing around. Sunnies, if you can, try not to take the most expensive pair you have, eye-wear tends to get damaged or lost on your vacation.. or maybe that’s just me?! LOL
- Two swimsuits, MAX Three, you will always have a dry set when you’re ready to catch some rays and get that quintessential holiday tan, while looking fab!
- Shoes: One pair of trainers, one pair of flops, perhaps a pair of sandals and one pair of sexy wedges. Put those five pairs of heels away girl! If you think you are going to be wearing all of those, you’re lying to yourself haha..
- A sunhat, don’t take the pricey, beautiful wide-rim one, it’s so going to get damaged in your bag while traveling, instead take a cheapie you won’t mind ruining a tad or better yet, take a peak-cap.
- I’d say you’re good with five T-shirts/shirts/tanks and two pairs of shorts, try to take items that you could mix and match, take along that maxi dress, a sexy dress for when you hit the town, and perhaps a jumper for when you may get a little chilly..
that’s it girls.. you’re good to go! ‘Cause ain’t nobody got time to be paying for extra baggage at the airport!