Who, When, Where?
Here is a breakdown of what kind of domestic air travel is allowed in Level 3:
- Domestic air travel for business purposes.
- Domestic air travel for essential travel is allowed
- Moving to a new place of residence
- Moving to take care of an immediate family member
- To attend school or an institution of higher learning
- To attend funerals
- for medical treatment reasons
- Domestic air travel for leisure purposes is not allowed at this stage.
- Only four airports will be open for domestic air travel initially:
- Cape Town International Airport,
- OR Tambo,
- Lanseria and
- King Shaka Airport in Durban.
- As of 01 July more airports will open:
- Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
- Pietermaritzburg Airport
- Port Elizabeth International Airport
- Richard’s Bay Airport
- Skukuza International Airport.
- Only pre-packed catering allowed,
- no in-flight magazines will be allowed onboard.
- All airplanes will be disinfected before entering into service and after each flight.
- Each aircraft must be equipped with special Hepa air-filters.
- Only passengers and airport staff will be allowed inside airport terminals.
- Temperature checks will be conducted when entering the airport terminal buildings.
- No passengers will be allowed inside the airport terminal buildings without masks.
- Please make sure you arrive at least two-and-half hours prior to your flight due to safety protocols.
Do you fall into one of the above categories? Check out flights schedules and prices here.
Please note, our booking platform is a self-servicing platform, Travelcheck will at no stage check any relevant or necessary (business) travel documentation that airport or airline staff might ask for at any point of your journey. It is up to the traveller to make sure the relevant documents are obtained.
Relevant documents as outlined above can be downloaded here:
When it comes to business travel, a letter issued by your employer needs to be presented.
At the airport
Please make sure you are equipped with the following when going to the airport:
- Face mask: must be worn at all times inside the terminal building and inside the aircraft
- Your ID
- E-Ticket and Boarding Pass (hard copy or on your phone)
- Health declaration form (see link above)
- Respective Travel Permit
Accommodation facilities will be allowed to accommodate for business travellers.
Leisure travellers are also allowed to book formally accredited and licenced accommodation within their respective province.
We highly recommend that you either contact the hotel or one of our travel agents first before booking, to find out if they the respective hotel is operating in Alert Level 3.
We will update the information provided on this page. Please stay tuned and check-in regularly.